April 4, 2014

10 years ago

I was paying bills this morning on my computer when I finally noticed the date April 4th. Now for most this isn't a momentous date, but for me I will always think back to the craziness that was LAPD police academy. I have always been one to love a challenge and ten years ago this was the challenge I was preparing for. I was to wake up at 2:30 am on April 5th, drive an hour away and stand in the dark for an hour waiting for my instructors to come and size me up with a bunch of yelling. This was to last for the next 7 months. My recruit class was 4-04 and this was an experience that would shape me in ways unexpected. As I reflect from Slovenia I am amazed at how God used policing to grow me in unique ways, but I am also amazed at how far away I now am from policing. God's leading is crazy to me, but I am thankful for His perfect plan. April 4th, 2004 was the day I shaved my head for academy and 10 years later it looks almost the same, maybe 2mm higher :) Lastly, as I reflect I pray for the police officers who protect and serve. I realize it is a job that is thankless and in many areas of the world the professionals are despised. However, they see things unimaginable to most and work hard at restraining evil in communities. Most officers are fine individuals and most can't make sense of the sin they encounter daily. Join me in praying for salvation to come to all the men and women in blue - for in salvation alone will they understand the reason for the things they see and give the only true hope that can bring healing to individuals and communities.

Here are a few old photos from graduation just to prove I made it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment