March 28, 2014

JV Women's Conference

Myself and 16 other women from Slovenia, including a few nationals, traveled to Slovakia to join all North American Josiah Venture missionaries with the purpose of refreshment, fellowship, and encouragement from God’s Word. We heard testimonies of ladies that have been serving abroad from 4 years to 12 years that are all on the path of “choosing joy” and “keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith”, (Romans 12:2) and “forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forth unto those things which are before.”(Phil. 3:13) Amy Carmichael said it well to us too from her book “Thou Givest....They Gather.” She said,  “May God give us the heart that is fixed, and keep us with our eyes on the track, not looking to the right or the left or backward, but plowing a straight furrow.” I am thankful for what God did in my heart those days to humble me, teach me again that “apart from Him I can do nothing”, and to refine friendships that are dear to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment