May 8, 2009

A Lunchtime Treat!

I have the privilege of working in the city we live in, and therefore I often try to get home and have lunch with the family. The picture below is what I was privileged to come home to, the whole family on the front porch! They were so cute I had to snap a photo (which is saying a lot, since I rarely photograph anything!).


It reminds me of that country song by Lonestar, From My Front Porch Looking In. Several other things also crossed my mind as I pulled into the driveway and saw them all sitting there. First, I thought "wow, our family seems huge." Secondly, I thought "wow, Ashley's job is huge." She is an incredible mother, and if you know our kids then you know Ashley is doing an amazing job! On this upcoming Mother's Day I thank the Lord for a mother who modeled biblical womanhood as I grew up, and I thank the Lord for His provision of my wife - who loves me selflessly, and who is rearing our children to be set apart for the glory of God.

1 comment: