June 2, 2014

A 5 Year Dream

Mikaela has desired to play the guitar since she was 3 years old. We were advised to wait until her hands grew a bit bigger before we entertained the thought of guitar lessons. Well the time came and went when we believed she was ready but at that point we couldn't find a guitar teacher affordable or at all. Mikaela is now 8 years old and is awaiting a reply from the Glasbena Ĺ ola (music school in Radovljica) of whether or not she has been accepted into their school.  We are hopeful, but not guaranteed, for the opportunity to learn guitar at this school. 


We were so proud of her confidence in auditioning at all, let alone in her second language Slovene.


 "Mama, I am fine either way. If I get in - I get in, if I don't - I don't." I am thankful for how she displayed the characteristic of contentedness on this occasion and I pray she will blossom even more in contentedness as she faces joys and disappointments in her life.


To be continued . . . when we get the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment