June 15, 2012

Reflecting Via a Burger Craving!

After picking up our visas at the Slovenian embassy I headed to a few D.C. museums and then searched for a spot in the city to have a good burger (a craving I get frequently!). I ended up at a sports bar directly next to a Starbucks (the other craving I get). My point is not to talk food, although the burger was good! Rather, the important piece of info was I was able to watch some of the Euro Cup 2012. I was interested in the game, but I suddenly realized the last time I watched the Euro Cup was in 2008, next to Mikaela’s bedside in the hospital as she fought pneumonia. Our family was in the process of praying through the possibility of life and ministry in Slovenia and Ashley was pregnant with the boys. God had much He wanted to teach us and I believe it was in preparation for the call to Slovenia. We thank Him for sustaining grace and I thank Him He helped me remember through my hamburger craving!



No comments:

Post a Comment